See things your way
The beauty of Norwich is that a casual amble around the heart of the city will soon reveal many of our heritage attractions. There's also a great choice of guided tours on offer - whether on foot, by boat or by bus, each reveals another side to our fascinating local history.
Splendid City Guides are on hand to take you on walking tours of Norwich. These take place generally between Easter to October (however private tours can be arranged all year round) with a duration of around 90 minutes.
- Walking Tours Spring/Summer 2017
- Information for Group tours
- Ghost walks
- Norwich Pub Tours
- Medieval Churches of the Cathedral Quarter trail
Give your feet a rest and let someone else take the strain on a scenic tour of the city with commentary.
Enjoy a different perspective of the city from the water. View ancient bridges and beautiful buildings, and learn all about the medieval trading that was integral to the success of the city in the Middle Ages. The best way of seeing the Norfolk Broads is by water and boat trips leave regularly from Wroxham, Loddon and Norwich.
Get the most out of a visit by joining a guided tour. Many of the city's buildings have tours, often exploring parts of the building which are not normally accessible.
- Norwich Cathedral runs superb free (donations appreciated) regular tours throughout the day, including the impressive treasury.
- St Johns RC Cathedral guides vistors around the impressive cathedral and up the tower for some magniifcient views across Norwich.
- Mayors, radicals and chains explores the old medieval and newer Art Deco civic centres. Contact Norwich Tourist Information Centre for details.
- Visit the scary dungeons of Norwich Castle on the popular Battlements and Dungeons tour.
- A good alternative to a guided walk is a self-guided walk. Route maps on sale at the Tourist Information Centre.
- Discover one of Norwich’s stunning hidden gems with free pre-arranged tours of Marble Hall (Monday – Friday).
Find out more
Stay in touch